Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I have recently made a wonderful discovery for me and my clients.  It's been my favorite food for a few months now and it's fresh aloe vera.  I'd like to cover some of the basics of this wonderful plant over the next few days.

Vitamins & Minerals:
This plant is loaded with them!  It's got B1, B2, B3 (as niacin), and B6. It also has B12 which is rare for a plant to have. This bountiful leaf also contains the ever important vitamins A, C, and E as well as choline and folic acid.  Some of the minerals include iron, manganese, calcium, and magnesium.

I could go on and on about this fascinating plant.  Because of the farmers market in my neighborhood I am able to by large fresh aloe vera leaves and cut the gel out for use in my shakes in the morning!  If you are unable to do the same read the back of aloe vera drinks and check for additives before purchasing them.

As with any profoundly potent plant use wisdom when consuming. For me and my body's needs I usually consume for two weeks and then take a two week break.

Eat Wisely,
Coach Daniel Riehn

Follow me on Twitter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment